Gemaltos’ “EMV For a Week Challenge,” starts now!
As part of Gemalto’s #ChipAwayAtFraud campaign, I’m being tasked with numerous tasks, some tacky, some essential to living. Gemalto, one of the world’s leaders in digital security, wants a real-world take on the EMV card experience. Which includes the security benefits EMV cards presents. You know EMV; it’s the “chip” credit card that by now, you should have. EMV by the way stands for Euro/MasterCard/Visa. The Euro part essentially means that’s where the card was first deployed.
If you don’t have a chip card by now get on the phone, call your bank and in your loudest, angriest voice scream at them and politely ask why they haven’t sent you one yet.
You, Mr. and Mr.’s credit card holder should support for the new technology in your community by explaining it to people, and encourage its use.
As a Gemalto campaigner I’m deploying two articles, one introductory (this one) and one “wrap-up” piece, detailing my experience during the challenge.
Complete All Ten Tasks First and Win $400 to a Charity of Your Choice: My Charity is Boston Children’s Hospital
- Get coffee at a local (not chain) coffee shop
- Make any purchase at a big-box store
- Get a meal inside a fast food restaurant
- Buy a magazine at a gas station
- Get $50 worth of groceries
- Buy a tacky t-shirt
- Get someone special a bouquet of flowers
- Hit a tourist attraction in your town
- Buy office supplies for your coworker(s)
- Mail us a postcard from your local post office
Easy. Let the games begin!