At least one woman is happy that her driver drove like a drunk. That’s because his erratic driving caught the attention of troopers who pulled him over. They then heard a woman calling for help—from the backseat. She was bound and gagged with a bag over her head.
The 41-year-old man had posted an ad on Craigslist; he wanted a submissive partner. His phony profile attracted the 22-year-old woman (who I must wonder, why would she be interested in a man who wants a submissive partner? Doesn’t this sound mighty suspicious?).
The victim chatted online and agreed to meet him. She thought nothing of meeting him in a secluded, remote location near his home.
Then she got into his car. Once inside, she noticed that he didn’t even look anything like the photo he had sent her.
Let’s stop here a moment. Just how dark was their initial meeting spot that she didn’t realize then that he looked nothing like the picture?
She told him to pull over. Instead he assaulted her and tied her up, tossing her in the backseat. She kicked at the man and backseat, causing him to swerve like a drunk.
None of this would have happened had she insisted on meeting in a public spot, and severing the connection with him if he kept insisting on the secluded, dark area.
How to Fight off an Attacker
- Hit the gym and strengthen your body. Not only will a strong-looking body make a man think twice about attacking, but if he does, a strong body has a much better chance of fighting back and/or escaping.
- We all know to go for the groin. Go after it like a savage. Hit, yank, pull.
- Jab stiff fingers into his eye. Why this is rarely done I’ll never know, because it’s extremely effective.
- Basic self-defense techniques, delivered to the neck, can stun a man and give you time to escape.
- Slam a palm into his nose. Keep going after it. The pain and gush of blood will disorient him. A self-defense course will teach you how to elbow his nose if he’s behind you.
- Smash a foot into his knee. You have a better chance of bringing him down if you come in from the side—because your foot will be striking against ligaments, rather than bone.
ROBERT SICILIANO, CEO of IDTheftSecurity.com is fiercely committed to informing, educating, and empowering Americans so they can be protected from violence and crime in the physical and virtual worlds. His "tell it like it is" style is sought after by major media outlets, executives in the C-Suite of leading corporations, meeting planners, and community leaders to get the straight talk they need to stay safe in a world in which physical and virtual crime is commonplace. Siciliano is accessible, real, professional, and ready to weigh in and comment at a moment's notice on breaking news.
- Know your Options for Self-Defense
Most people don’t give good hard thinking to their capabilities in a physical assault situation. You need not be built like an MMA fighter to know effective self-defense. An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of safety. Attackers look for unsuspecting targets. Walk and park only in well-lit areas. Never park right beside a van. In
- The most horrible Craigslist Killing ever
Beware. This is tough to read. An expectant woman had spotted an ad on Craigslist asking for baby clothes, so she contacted the ad placer—a woman—then went to her Longmont, Colorado house alone. The woman stabbed the would-be seller and removed the seven-month-old fetus. The baby died but the victim survived. When police arrived, the 26-year-old victim
- 5 Improvised Secret Self-Defense Weapons
Cane If you use a cane, take “cane-fu” classes if possible. Yes, it’s a thing. A sturdy cane with a strong handle works best. Do not assume you can fight with a cane just because you need one to walk. Avoid a cane with a hidden knife or sword unless you specifically train to fight with a blade. A person’s
- Rapist runs off when Victim bites Him in Neck
Whoever said that fighting back at a rapist will probably create more problems for the victim might want to rethink this idea. How disabling can a bite to the rapist’s neck be when the biter is a human? I mean, we’re not talking about a dog biting the man. When it comes to biting, humans are
- Woman Drags Naked Intruder By His Beard
‘Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned’…then there is this woman. They say “never hit a woman”. The reason is because women don’t just hit back, they keep hitting back until they are done with you. Plus it isn’t cool. “A 64-year-old woman fought off a neighbor and dragged him out of her house by his