Schlage Touchscreen Deadbolts are Smart!
Deadbolt technology just gets smarter and smarter. There are now electronic deadbolts that can be manipulated with an integrated keypad, a smartphone or opened with a key. After all, relying on the traditional key can be a nuisance, for obvious reasons.
The Camelot Style deadbolt from Schlage offers the latest technology.
- The device can be registered with multiple z-wave enabled hubs including, Nexia Home Intelligence and Staples Connect and uses batteries.
- Keyless entry codes are pre-programmed but can be changed.
- Up to 30 codes can be stored and can be programmed to grant access on designated days and times, if you use the lock in tandem with an automation system .
- An alarm can be set to sound if the lock is manipulated by an unwanted person.
- Never being locked out again due to the device’s three methods of authentication (code, app and key).
- The auto-lock feature that engages after 30 seconds, based on a timer.
Do your homework before installing the device so the installation process goes smoothly. The average handy individual can install this lock and others may wish to use a lock smith. The pre-existing deadbolt slot should match up
By pressing the Schlage logo, you secure the deadbolt from outside. To unlock the deadbolt, it’s faster to enter the keypad code than to insert and turn a standard key. Lastly, the auto-lock feature will take up to 30 seconds to kick in once the door is shut.
And every bit of set up is all worth it
Once the device is installed, you’ll be happy you bought this high tech lock. You don’t have to buy a z-wave enabled system to use it, but more features are enabled when you do connect your deadbolt. The device practically settles anxiety about lost keys and will give you peace of mind.
Robert Siciliano home security expert to Schlage discussing home security and identity theft on TBS Movie and a Makeover. Disclosures. For Roberts FREE ebook text- SECURE Your@emailaddress -to 411247.